Dana Barrett is a Business Commentator, Social Critic, TV & Radio Host, Occasional Actress and owner of DB Media, LLC.
The longer version goes a little something like this:
Dana was born on a cold Friday in March of mumble, mumble Nineteen-something or other. She was born in Philly and on her third birthday… okay so maybe that version is too long.
Here are the basics:
- Born in Philadelphia, PA awhile ago.
- Graduated from Cornell University sometime later.
- Moved to Atlanta after college.
- Worked in the Tech Sector after college and held titles that ranged from Installation Representative to Vice President of Technology.
- Is a serial entrepreneur having owned the tech firm DB Consulting, a bookstore in Roswell, Georgia called Coffee Buy The Book, and now the media company, DB Media, LLC. (Creative company names, no?)
- Has always liked to talk and has done so on the radio since the early 90s including a stint as a traffic reporter on WSB in Atlanta and a long running author interview podcast called Midtown Review.
- Has always liked the spotlight and has appeared doing stand-up comedy and on community theater stages around Atlanta as well as her more recent foray into TV & Film.
- On-camera work includes work a stint as host of Atlanta Tech Edge on the Atlanta NBC affiliate, on-going work as a regular host for PR Video, and acting roles in the ID Channel show Swamp Murders, playing Legal Analyst in Season 7 of The Game and the role of Reporter #4 in the Ang Lee movie, “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk”.
- Is the single mother of an awesome full grown daughter.
- Has an adorable dog named Buster.
- and likes dessert a lot. Almost as much as wine.
Also of note:
- The Dana Barrett Show was awarded a 2016 GABBY Merit Award by the Georgia Association of Broadcasters for Best Locally Produced Program (Non-News or Sports)
- Dana is a breast cancer survivor and the official spokesperson for TurningPoint Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
- In 2017, Dana was recognized by the SBA as a Small Business Media Advocate, and by the Technology Association of Georgia as Diversity Game Changer.