In the guest chair:
Dr. Louis DeJoseph, Owner & Facial Plastic Surgeon at Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery joined me in the studio today to talk about ageism at work, the “everyone-has-an-HD-camera-in-their-hand”, selfie culture we live in, and to catch us up on what’s new in the world of plastic surgery and whether it’s right for you.
We also talked about the idea of growing old gracefully and our Hollywood-influenced, lost understanding of what a “real” 50 year old looks like.
In the headlines:
- The Hawks scandal and sale could have a silver lining – local Atlanta ownership.
- Delta is No. 2 for on-time arrivals. Which is really just saying they are the 2nd best liars in the business, IMHO.
- Atlanta airport has plans for a hair salon, which I think is kinda weird.
- GM issues another recall. This time it’s on the 2015 Corvette. I know I may have offended some of you when I asked (a couple months ago) who was still buying cars from GM. But I’m serious this time. Defend your purchasing decision. No really, go for it.
- And Uber continues it’s plan for world domination with Uber for Errands, and Uber Rickshaw. Not kidding.
Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club.
Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: DELIVERING HAPPINESS by Tony Hsieh – and the meeting is Monday October 13th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!