In the guest chair:
Stan Hill, Attorney at Polsinelli joined Dana to discuss the Ashley Madison hack and how technology impacts employers. Plus, Adam Gajdharsingh joined the show for our weekly Work Hard/Play Hard segment, highlighting events in Atlanta.
Polsinelli is a national law firm located in 19 cities which opened an Atlanta office in 2014. The firm focuses on health care, financial services and real estate, life sciences and technology and litigation.
In the headlines:
- So… that proposed building in the Old Fourth Ward that didn’t get approval from the Zoning Review Board, did get unanimous approval on Wednesday from the city council’s zoning committee, usually the final step before the full city council vote.
- And a historic downtown Atlanta building may be torn down soon… or at least that’s what GSU is planning. The 108-year-old, massive 68,000-square-foot Southern Bell Building one block east of Woodruff Park has seen better days. It was a telephone exchange in the twenties but has been mostly vacant since 1983.
- An Atlanta hiring software startup called HireIQ has raised $1 million, according to an SEC filing. The company automates call center hiring by using predictive analytics software to identify the most suitable candidates based on the applicants voice.
- Airbnb has flown mostly under the radar in Georgia, but next month the Georgia Assembly will begin discussing whether or not regulations are needed. Not surprisingly, the state’s hotel and motel lobby is pushing for increased regulations on the online businesses that are sluicing away small streams of their revenue.
- In some fun news, Ford Fry is partnering with Shake Shack for a special one day only burger. Mark your calendars… the date is September 19th.
- And a Georgia celeb will be on the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars. Savannah based Paula Deen will put on her dancing shoes in hopes of regaining some of her earlier star power.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.