NY Times Bestselling author Ben Coes. Joined us on the phone to talk about his new book, TRAP THE DEVIL. Before writing his first novel, POWER DOWN, he worked at the White House under two presidents and was a Fellow at the John F. Kennedy School of Government.
Joseph Guay was in studio to talk about his controversial new installation, The Border Wall, that is going up in West Midtown.
Joseph is a self-taught artist whose new series of work titled, “Duel,”which explores the dichotomy of civilian and military weapons, global opposing conflicts and our two-party political system, will open on October 7th at Westside Cultural Arts Center!
His work is included in the Sir Elton John Photography Collection and in the High Museum of Art; as well as the private collections of Arthur Blank, Laura Seydel Turner, Kevin Willis and Ed Roland.
April Foster also joined us in-studio this morning. She’s the Founder and CEO of Inked.
Founded in 2007, Inked offers an end-to-end ecommerce platform that empowers social media influencers to convert their followers into customers. In building a new revenue model that capitalizes on lucrative influencer-driven consumer purchases, Inked has significantly monetized several of its own portfolio brands, allowing influencers with thousands of followers to generate millions of dollars of revenue.
In the local headlines:
- Early voting in Georgia’s 6th District has surged past 119,500 ( http://bit.ly/2trURE7 )
- Brad Pitt, Michael B. Jordan sign on to Atlanta school cheating movie ( http://on-ajc.com/2trXxkZ)
- Atlanta Mayor Reed unveils app for on-street parking (http://bit.ly/2to9KXX)
In the national headlines:
- New Wells Fargo scandal over modifying mortgages without authorization ( http://cnnmon.ie/2trHe7G )
- CEOs to Trump: You’re failing ( http://cnnmon.ie/2trSBwq )
- Trump Orders Government to Stop Work on Y2K Bug, 17 Years Later ( https://bloom.bg/2trEjfu )
- Thousands of travelers were forced to fly without their luggage after Heathrow baggage system fails ( http://read.bi/2trQ713 )
- Cocktails Win: Liquor Consumption Around the World Outpaces Wine and Beer ( http://on.wsj.com/2tpVlKO)
Work Hard/Play Hard:
- Summer in the City: Where Beach Meets Street
- Jazz on the Lawn at Callanwolde
- ATL Summer Beer Fest in Old Fourth Ward
- Gladys Knight is performing at Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Fathers Day at the Zoo (Dads get FREE Admission!)
- Father’s Day Glass Blowing in Decatur