Happy National Doughnut Day!
Did you know it was National Doughnut Day today? Did you know there was a National Doughnut Day? Does the fact that there is a National Day for well… Doughnuts (and hot dogs and every other freakin’ thing under the sun) bother you in any way? Most importantly did you get your free doughnuts? These are the questions I ponder today as I procrastinate the mounds of reading I have to do to get ready for next week’s author interviews. (I will be talking to Mary Kay Andrews on Sunday and Darin Strauss on Tuesday).
So, in honor of the tasty doughnuts and the procrastination, I offer you a list of the top 5 reasons books are better than doughnuts.
- Books have far fewer calories than doughnuts.
- The holes in a book’s plot can make for an interesting discussion, the holes in a doughnut are just holes.
- You can carry a book in your purse without making a mess.
- Books do not get stale. An old book is a classic – and old doughnut is gross.
- You cannot clobber a would be attacker with your doughnut. Well, you could… but it would just be weird.
On that note, I wish you a Happy Friday, a Happy Doughnut Day and a lovely weekend.
— Dana Barrett, Managing Editor