In the Guest Chair:
During hour one, Dana was joined by Jim Durrett, Executive Director of Buckhead CID. Jim was in to dish on the projects Buckhead CID, a public-private agency with taxation power which works with federal, state and city government to plan, fund and implement public infrastructure and quality of life improvements in the district.
Maria Peck, Director of ACE‘s Women’s Business Center joined Dana and the gang in studio to discuss the mission of ACE, who they serve, and their upcoming Speed-Coaching event!
In the Local Headlines:
- Harken Health pulling out of Georgia Obamacare exchange
- Music Midtown donates $100,000 to Atlanta for capital improvements in Piedmont Park
- Monday Night on the Beltline: Brewer will anchor $30M project
- SCANA Energy becomes 10th founding partner of Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Why Florida Democrats are roasting Chick-fil-A
In the National Headlines:
- The Carnegie Deli, a New York institution since 1937, will close its doors forever on Dec. 31.
- Wells Fargo Reaches Settlement Over Car Repossessions
- Tesla selling twice as many cars as it was in 2015
- HUD Secretary Julian Castro’s Plan To Make Homeownership More Affordable
- AT&T CEO Calls for Dialogue on Racial Tensions: ‘Tolerance Is for Cowards’
- Netflix goes down. Twitter blows up.http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/01/technology/netflix-outage/index.html
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .