In hour one, KP Reddy, Co-Founder of The Combine joined us in-studio to talk about BuiltTech in general and BuiltTech Week happening here in Atlanta October 2nd though the 6th.
In hour two we were joined by Quinetha Frasier, the CEO and Funding Strategist for MyPledger. MyPledger is a FinTech software company that supports organizations and non-profits that need to raise money or collect debt from their constituents. They have patent pending software that accelerates collections by providing an easy interface for online donations, reminders and info. Que and I also got on a mutual soapbox about the standard fundraising “chicken dinner”!
In the local headlines:
- Gov. Deal authorizes rescue and recovery operations for Hurricane Harvey ( http://bit.ly/2es9iX5 )
- Hartsfield-Jackson preparing for Labor Day crowds ( http://bit.ly/2wjfHtv )
- Mayor Reed hints Atlanta Housing Authority could buy Civic Center ( http://on-ajc.com/2wjD8Tx )
- Another on-demand grocer to extend its Atlanta delivery service to Costco ( http://bit.ly/2wj2DnS )
- Sandy Springs contender drops out of mayor’s race ( http://bit.ly/2esa3PP )
- Feds charge 16 Metro-Atlanta USPS workers with accepting bribes to deliver cocaine ( http://bit.ly/2es6AAP )
In the national headlines:
- Harvey shuts down major fuel pipeline supplying East Coast ( http://cnnmon.ie/2es6I3e )
- New Uber CEO Says Company Could Go Public in 18 Months ( http://on.wsj.com/2wjI7Ur )
- Disney to Cut Staff at ABC Television Group ( http://on.wsj.com/2esaeKZ )
- Trump in Missouri Lays Groundwork for Tax Overhaul but Offers No Details ( http://nyti.ms/2es5ncD )