In the guest chair:
Alex Horwitz, Comcast’s Vice President of Public Relations, Big South Region joined us in the studio for a return visit. This time we talked gigabit Internet service, customer service, plans for 2015 and the kinds of technology that will help improve service for the company.
Comcast is a global media and technology company providing cable television, video, Internet and phone services.
In the headlines:
- Asbury Automotive has acquired Sandy Springs Ford. Asbury has 82 dealerships nationwide with 16 locations in Georgia, most under the Nalley brand.
- Energy giant NRG is building out a network of high-speed electric vehicle chargers in metro Atlanta; in large part because we are the No. 2 market in the country for EV sales.
- In the “greedy criminals always get caught” department, Grady Hospital’s former Payroll Director has been convicted of stealing $480,000 from the hospital over several years.
- The GA DOT project to install new toll lanes on I-75 and I-575 is ahead of schedule.
- An Atlanta brewpub owner is trying to get some zoning changes in Gwinnett county so he can build a brewery and farm.
- We’ve got an update on the proposed deal between Tyler Perry and Fort McPherson — still no definite answer on whether or not it will happen, but maybe some clues as to why TP was starting to get frustrated and threatening to walk.
- Comcast may be planning some major expansion in the Atlanta area, possibly doubling the size of it’s southeast headquarters. (At least so says the Biz Chronicle).
Learn what motivates you, how to work smarter and live better. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of DRIVE: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink on Monday, January 12th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.