In the guest chair:
Bull Realty is a full-service commercial real estate brokerage firm specializing in sales, leasing and advisory services. Michael hosts “The Commercial Real Estate Show” every Saturday at 10AM on biz 1190.
Gary Kunath is the Founder and former CEO of The Summit Group and an equity partner in Bite Tech. In his book, “Life…Don’t Miss It” Gary shares insights to living life at its fullest.
In the headlines:
- Apple has way exceeded it’s quarterly earning forecasts due to the strength of iPhone 6 sales. (And on a side note, the Apple Watch, which was expected to be released in March, is now scheduled to hit stores in April).
- Yahoo is spinning off it’s $40 billion investment in Chinese company, Alibaba into a whole separate company which means that the focus of Yahoo investors will go back to being on Yahoo’s core business, which is clearly in decline.
- Twitter has announced two new features that Dana says she’ll probably never use: group direct messages and in-Twitter video capability.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises is joining the ranks of big companies putting Innovation Centers in Midtown by Georgia Tech.
- Georgia Power has launched a $12 million EV charging station program called “Get Current” to help cement our status as one of the top states in EV and Plug-In Hybrid adoption.
Turn your passion into profit and learn the Starbucks standards to producing excellent products and keeping employees satisfied. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz on Monday, February 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.