In the guest chair:
Since 1985, Piece of Cake has been baking gourmet cakes from scratch, wrapping them beautifully, and delivering them straight to customers’ doors. Each cake is carefully made with only the finest, all-natural ingredients.
At the center of today’s technology revolution, SAP helps organizations fight the damaging effects of complexity, generate new opportunities for innovation and growth, and stay ahead of the competition.
In the headlines:
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden has a new exhibit opening this Saturday. It’s called Bruce Munro: Light in the Garden and features unique installations created from hundreds of miles of fiber optics.
- One of the biggest business failure stories may be made into a movie. It’s the story of New Coke. Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, the writers behind Marvel’s upcoming “Deadpool” as well as 2009’s “Zombieland,” are adapting author Thomas Oliver’s “The Real Coke, The Real Story” into a screenplay, according to thecelebritycafe.com.
- The improving economy and lack of supply is really turning things around for Atlanta’s condo and townhouse market. Especially in Buckhead and Midtown. Average Sale Price: $245,000 – Average Days on Market: 52*, compared with February 2010 Average Sale Price: $180,000 – February 2010 Average Days on Market: 88* AND even lower point in August of 2011 when average sales price dropped to just $135,000.
- The latest US Census doesn’t show Atlanta or any of our surrounding areas as “fastest growing” anymore. Is this a bad thing? Or is it inevitable?
- Gwinnett has cleared the way for a $70 million Marriott hotel next to Gwinnett Center. This will make the area more attractive for large conventions and conferences that require multiple meeting locations and overnight stays.
“What if marketing was less about promotion or coercion and more about reaching out to people and helping them to solve problems?” Bernadette Jiwa answers this question and more in our May book club selection, MARKETING: A LOVE STORY: HOW TO MATTER TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Join us for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club meeting on Monday, May 11 at South City Kitchen in Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.