In the guest chair:
Brian Dally, Co-Founder and CEO of Groundfloor and Don Barden, CEO and Managing Partner at DDS Financial joined Dana live to talk high return real estate investments and examining the economy as it pertains to people, not numbers.
Groundfloor is the first microlending community for real estate, focusing exclusively on non-accredited investors and a minimum investment of $10.
DDS Financial is a business consultation, accounting and coaching firm which specializes in dental, medical and specialty practices.
In the headlines:
- Correction from our story yesterday… Home Depot is set to INVEST $200 million into their Cobb County headquarters and will be getting $3.4 million in tax abatements to support the project.
- More apartments are coming to Atlanta. This time, it’s the Old Fourth Ward getting a new building. North American Properties has filed plans for a 245-unit, six-story building along the southeast corner of the Historic Fourth Ward Park.
- In other real estate news, the corner of Monroe and Piedmont is about to undergo some changes as the Clear Creek shopping center (featuring Ru San’s and Top Spice) is set to get a major facelift, create some walkability and an entrance from Piedmont Park along what is currently the back side of the development.
- A west midtown restaurant is calling it quits after 7 years. Abattoir is closing March 28th as the owners shift their focus to a new restaurant at Ponce City Market.
- You’re never too big to innovate. Spanx is looking at doing some rebranding under their new CEO. Jan Singer wants the brand to be more than just special occasion wear, so she’s looking to add some more everyday garments like jeans and bathing suits…and of course along with that, to shift customer perception.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.