In the Guest Chair:
Author of “FED UP: An Insider’s Take on Why the Federal Reserve is Bad for America,” Danielle DiMartino Booth, phoned in during hour one of today’s show. Danielle, former adviser to the president of the Dallas Federal Reserve, discussed her first hand experience with the reserve and the toxic culture within the reserve that encourages broken policies and is bad for America.
Denise King, President and CEO of Business Solutions Consulting, and a long-time friend of Dana’s, joined us in studio. Denise and Dana explained what’s wrong with corporate training programs, the importance of great communication, and managing change.
In the Local Headlines:
- Huge candidate field qualifies for congressional race
- Atlanta Council President Mitchell accused of new ethics violations
- HAMILTON to anchor Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Atlanta 2017/2018 season
- Atlanta gets funding to address affordable housing near Beltline, MARTA
- Gladys Knight Chicken & Waffles dropping name; fails inspection again
- Senate votes to ban ‘upskirting’ in Georgia
In the National Headlines:
- Facebook is taking on LinkedIn by letting businesses post job listings
- Retail CEOs Meet With Trump Over Border Tax Concerns
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty believes it’s important for her to continuehttp://fortune.com/2017/02/14/ibm-ceo-rometty-trump-immigration-ban/ serving on President Trump’s business council but says the company is not partisan.
- Verizon and Yahoo Are Said to Be Near a Revised Merger Deal
- Last call: Lloyd’s of London bans boozy lunches
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .