In the guest chair:
This morning Dana had the pleasure of hosting Partha Unnava, CEO of Better Walk Inc. Partha gave an update on his company and dished on his upcoming networking event, M2. He explained how he’s putting a twist on the traditional event and making it more millennial friendly.
◦ The Georgia General Assembly has passed the campus carry bill. Georgians 21 and older with concealed weapons permits would be able to bring their guns onto public university and college campuses under controversial legislation the state Senate passed Friday. Next stop the Governor’s desk.
◦ Georgia’s Sunday ‘brunch bill’ has stalled in the Senate..
◦ Digitalundivided (DID), a national group devoted to propelling tech firms started by African-American and Latina women, said Sunday at the famed South by Southwest festival it will open an innovation center in downtown Atlanta. The 6,000-square-foot BIG Innovation Center, will be located downtown near the Atlanta University Center complex. The AJC called it “a shot in the arm for the city’s startup scene”.
◦ In Atlanta suburbs, it’s Cumberland adding millennials the fastest…
• There’s a new trend taking off in food… and it’s all about being ugly. (Whole Foods partnering with CA company Imperfect Produce to test “ugly produce”)
• Daylight Savings Time is Stupid – Oh and by the way… it has no actual benefit.
• Instacart on the struggle bus to cost-cutting town… will this model work or is grocery delivery just doomed.
Think your company is the Best & Brightest? Atlanta’s Best & Brightest Competition is now accepting nominations through Friday, March 18th! Nominate your company here: bit.ly/20k4FJk
For other events and appearances: Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.
Take The Dana Barrett Show with you wherever you go with the biz 1190 mobile app, available at the App Store and on Google Play.