In the guest chair:
Mark Fricks, President & Founder of MasterPlan Retirement Consultants and host of Financially Tuned (on biz 1190 AM WAFS, Saturdays at 8:00AM) joined us in the studio to talk about what retirement looks like in 2014 and beyond. He also talked about how to pay for it vs. how to save for it and the importance of having a plan.
Tyler Cates, the Marketing Coordinator for Red Brick Brewing Company also joined us in the studio to celebrate Red Brick’s 21st anniversary and to talk the craft beer movement and how the smaller brewers can really be creative and flexible with what they do. He brought samples. We drank. Red Brick and Tyler are my new best friends. (Mark’s too, I think!).
Adam G. with SocialSave.com never misses a party! He helped me with the Red Brick interview and as always brought us Work Hard / Play Hard!
In the headlines:
- Tesla’s Decatur store is set to open next week even while their fights with the states over their direct sales model continues.
- And while we’re talking electric cars – Georgia will be getting a whole bunch of new charging stations thanks to a state incentive program.
- Atlanta based NCR has filed for some new patents for equipment that will speed up check out at the grocery store. These machines actually sound like a bit of a nightmare to me, but I’ll let you make up your own mind.
- A no frills airline is about to start offering REALLY cheap fares international fares, but what will you have to sacrifice?
- And we’ve talked a lot on the show about protecting your intellectual property, but alas if your brand is big enough to have someone spoof it, you might not have a legal leg to stand on. Saks Fifth Avenue found that out when they tried to get the doggie treat brand Snax 5th Avenchew to cease and desist.
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday
And really, I know I say the same things every year at this time… but while I’m complaining, can we stop with the sexy Halloween costumes? Seriously, if you want to be sexy, be sexy every day. A cheesy, store-bought, so-called sexy nurse/bumblebee/taxi driver costume is not actually sexy, it’s just desperate.