In the Guest Chair:
A non-profit and a staffing firm rolled into one? That’s right! First Step is just that! CEO, Dave Shaffer joined us during hour one to explain how his company is putting a twist on staffing. First Step works with individuals who are recovering from homelessness, have recently been released from prison and aren’t preferred by employers. Dave explained that First Step is a staffing company with a heart and those who they help, thrive in their positions.
Atlanta Restaurateur and Owner of True Story Brands, Justin Anthony joined us during hour two. Justin, who’s from South Africa, discussed bringing South African flavors to his Atlanta restaurants. From 10 Degrees South to Yebo, Justin filled us in on his favorite menu items and his newest endeavor at Ponce City Market, Biltong Bar.
In the Local Headlines:
- Atlanta releases 1.5M docs related to bribery investigation, Reed says investigation continues
- Kasim Reed campaign operative part of Atlanta federal bribery probe
- Children’s Healthcare to build $1 billion-plus new hospital
- Atlantic Station lands two first-to-market restaurants
- General Assembly opens casinos debate
In the National Headlines:
- Most smart TVs are tracking you — Vizio just got caught
- GM Factory Workers Take Home $12,000 Bonuses On Record 2016 North American Profits
- White House Adviser Kellyanne Conway Urges Public to Buy Ivanka Trump’s Branded Products
- Wells Fargo Board Likely to Eliminate 2016 Bonuses for Top Executives
- Twitter Posts Anemic Revenue Growth Despite Political Stir
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .