In the Guest Chair:
Lights, Camera…Props! That’s right! Every movie and TV set is full of hundreds of props, which help to bring the story to life. Owners of ATLier Props & Design, Phoebe Brown and Eric Bomba-Ire joined us in studio during hour one today. The duo gave us an inside look into the film biz and explained just how one shops for set props. ATLier has something other prop and design warehouses in town don’t: a south African twist!
Cookies. Cookies. And more cookies. Tiff’s Treats‘ Executive VP of Marketing, Jeff Sartor was in studio during hour two and lets just say, he did not come empty handed! Jeff told the Tiff’s Treats’ story and explained how and why business is booming. The cookie delivery business is opening it’s third Atlanta location this week at Perimeter! They’re giving away prizes, selling their delicious cookies for $3 a dozen, and get this: a portion of the proceeds are going to charity! #TistheSeason
In the Local Headlines:
- Delta pilots approve new contract, get immediate 18% raise
- Erika Shields named new Atlanta police chief
- Delta lands first flight in Cuba in 55 years
In the National Headlines:
- Howard Schultz Stepping Down as Starbucks CEO to Focus on Higher-End Shops
- Indiana Gives $7 Million in Tax Breaks to Keep Carrier Jobs
- Net neutrality advocates brace for fight with Trump
- GoPro cuts 15% of staff
- The EpiPen-maker’s CEO knows who’s responsible for soaring drug costs — and it’s not her
Work Hard/Play Hard:
- Holiday at Centennial Olympic Park
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History – Winter Wonderland Dispaly
- The Ugly Sweater Run
- Wrecking Bar Strong Beer Festival
- A Festival of 9 Lessons & Carols at Emory
For more awesome events happening this weekend, head to AccessAtlanta.com!
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .