In the Guest Chair:
PowerMyLearning was in the house during hour one today! Executive Director, Kwame Johnson and Marketing & Communications Director Oneisha Freeman joined us in studio! Kwame and Oneisha dished on PowerMyLearning and ATP’s “Who’s smarter than a 6th grader” game night, being nominated as one of ten finalists for the United Way Spark Prize, and the future of PowerMyLearning. You can vote for PowerMyLearning for the Spark Audience Choice Award by clicking HERE.
During hour two, Ankur Chatterjee, Executive Director of Enduring Hearts joined us in studio! Enduring Hearts is a non-profit that helps to fund important and innovative research to increase the longevity of pediatric heart transplants, and improve the quality of life for transplant recipients. Ankur dished on Enduring Hearts second annual Bourbon Tasting, which is Thursday, March 30th. If you’d like to attend, you can purchase your tickets HERE.
In the Local Headlines:
- *BREAKING: COMCAST ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF STARTUP ACCELERATOR “THE FARM”
- Atlanta Braves to feature 300-piece art installation at SunTrust Park
- Bill letting brewers, distillers sell directly to customers clears General Assembly
- Mayor Reed still pushing for arts tax
- Fulton tax chief Ferdinand may finally get a cut in pay
- Two Georgia counties singled out for ICE non-cooperation
- Dave & Buster’s To Open 4th Location in Georgia (Alpharetta) – and they’re hiring now!
In the National Headlines:
- Supreme Court rules cheerleader uniforms can be copyrighted
- AT&T, Verizon Pull Ads From Google Over ‘Hate’ Videos
- LinkedIn Wants to Hook Users With ‘Trending Storylines’
- Starbucks to add 240,000 jobs worldwide by 2021
- A conservative Starbucks shareholder was booed for questioning the chain’s plan to hire refugees — here’s the CEO’s response
- Berkeley’s Border Wall Blacklists ‘Illegal’: Berkeley Law Professor
- After Failed Cabinet Bid, Puzder Leaves Restaurant Post
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .