In the guest chair:
We had a great show this morning as Donna Peeples, founder of Motiv8ed and Julie Crow, founder of Fuel Builders joined Dana to discuss the customer experience and healthy habits for employees (which Dana says go hand-in-hand!).
Motiv8ed is a business-to-business consultancy aimed at providing Customer Experience knowledge and expertise.
Fuel Builders focuses on increasing workplace productivity through maximizing human energy.
In the headlines:
- Microsoft is suing a Gwinnett company over unlicensed software sales. If you’ve ever used an unlicensed or “borrowed” copy and wondered if they knew… looks like they do!
- Atlanta is forming a committee of business people to figure out how Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport can hold onto the title “World’s Busiest Airport”. We’re about to get beaten by China (er… does this really matter?).
- Invest Atlanta has approved the sale of Underground Atlanta to WRS, Inc. out of South Carolina, but the deal is far from complete. The good news, WRS is already in talks with a grocery chain who may want to put a store there.
- A new hotel build is planned for Midtown; the Hampton Inn will be located at 15th and West Peachtree.
- The Oscar nominees have been announced. If you’re trying to figure out which movies you need to go out and see, consider this… “Selma” has contributed over $10 million bucks to the Georgia economy.
Turn your passion into profit and learn the Starbucks standards to producing excellent products and keeping employees satisfied. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz on Monday, February 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.