In the guest chair:
Frannet Franchise Consultant and Regular Contributor Leslie Kuban joined me to talk about our fear of failure and how it can get in the way of career change, risk and of course starting a business. We talked about FailCon and Leslie’s recent blog post on the topic and the idea of looking at the so-called failures you WILL experience as pivots in your career, and learning experiences, not mistakes.
On the phone:
Brad Naylor – creator of SEYGO, joined us on the phone to share his thoughts on failure – which he refers to as the necessary “trials and tribulations” of moving forward. He will be performing tonight at Smith’s Olde Bar in Atlanta (and I will be there with my gal pals, so come in out!)
In the headlines:
- Lots of new jobs are coming to Clayton County. We catch you up.
- Tesla Motors is expanding here in Atlanta – planning their second location.
- President Obama has officially signed the bill authorizing the funds for the Savannah Port Deepening Project. It was already good news… but now it’s official good news.
- Paul McCartney’s Atlanta visit has been rescheduled. But don’t worry if you have tickets… they’re still good.
- And a plan for a new bus system to support the Cobb County Braves Stadium is getting a lukewarm reception from some Cobb County Commissioners.