In the guest chair:
Dr. Dan Whitenack, Ph.D, the founder of Occupation Professor joined me in the studio to talk about finding your perfect career path. We talked about the fact that 50% of us are unhappy in our jobs at any given time and that of the 1200 occupations out there most people only know around 20 of them. The Occupation Professor has an online assessment that can help you focus on what you’d be good at AND love doing.
Kabbage Inc.’s CEO and Founder Rob Frohwein also joined us to talk about loans for small and medium sized businesses. He talked about Kabbage’s unique, fully automated system and the idea that almost all small businesses need cash if they are aiming for growth. Rob also talked about their newest venture Karrot, where they are applying some of the same technology to personal loans.
In the headlines:
- Apple and Samsung have joined forces to fight back against another player in the payments space… Walmart.
- Atlanta is getting another film and TV studio development. This time at the site of the former Shannon Mall in Union City.
- Atlanta is the Sugar Daddy Capital of North America. Have you gotten yours yet?
- The Twitter stock took a dive last night in after hours trading due to a drop in user engagement and lower than expected earnings.
- And speaking of stock prices. Amazon is also not faring so well in the stock market these days. Apparently Jeff Bezos has lost his midas touch.
- And Governor Deal has tightened Georgia’s Ebola quarantine rules – while NY and NJ are getting quite a bit of criticism for overreacting.
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday
And really, I know I say the same things every year at this time… but while I’m complaining, can we stop with the sexy Halloween costumes? Seriously, if you want to be sexy, be sexy every day. A cheesy, store-bought, so-called sexy nurse/bumblebee/taxi driver costume is not actually sexy, it’s just desperate.