In the Guest Chair:
Vince Zappa, President of Clutch, joined us in studio during hour one to talk about how they are disrupting the traditional car ownership model. Clutch is a subscription car service–yes, really!– that allows members to flip between vehicles depending on their needs. Vince explained that a simple monthly fee covers all vehicle costs except gas and allows you to flip the car you’re driving as often as you like… meaning you can get a mini-van to take the kids to soccer on Saturday and a swank sedan for you Monday morning business meeting. Such a cool concept.
During hour two, Director & Producer of The 12 Lives of Sissy Carlyle Fran Burst-Terranella dropped by! The 12 Lives of Sissy Carlyle is independent feature comedy that follows a young woman who creates fantastic adventures in secret journals–but keeps her dreams on hold to run her deceased parents’ shop. Dana and Fran talked about the importance of female directors in the entertainment industry and Fran’s journey to independent filmmaking.
In the Local Headlines:
- TRAFFIC DISASTER IN ATLANTA: Bridge collapses on I-85 during massive fire
- Today is National Oyster on the Half Shell Day (and here’s where to celebrate in Atlanta)
- Georgia Legislative Session came to a close at 1AM this morning
- Underground Atlanta deal lands financing from New York firm known for Trump projects
- The quirkiest SunTrust Park rules and regulations you don’t know about
In the National Headlines:
- After pointed debate, N.C. lawmakers replace HB2 with new measure
- SpaceX makes history: It launched a used rocket and then landed it in the ocean
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .