In the guest chair:
President and CEO of the Gerald Hannah Group, Jerry Hannah joined Dana live in studio to discuss leadership, self-awareness, and listening versus hearing. Dr. Jerry Hannah is a Ph.D executive consultant who works with many CEOs of corporations, college presidents, and with entrepreneurs throughout the U.S. He speaks across the country at a variety of leadership seminars and is a published author.
The Gerald Hannnah Group is an executive consultancy firm. They provide executive coaching, leadership development, management development, emotional and social intelligence coaching, and team building.
In the headlines:
- Apparently the fact that a Whole Foods store is opening in Midtown is supposed to be a secret. But it’s the worst kept secret in town. More details of the plan for the 72,000 sq. ft. space\ were unveiled Tuesday to the Midtown Development Review Committee. The plans showed a the store with a generic name of “Organic Grocery Store” on it in the Whole Foods font and color.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises has vowed to cut calories in their drinks by 10 percent per liter by 2020 due to growing concerns over obesity.
- Uber had made a deal with FleetCor to provide fuel cards to qualified drivers that will give them special discounts and allow the gas charges to come out of their weekly earnings.
- A trade group that represents the world’s airlines is proposing a standard size for airline carry-on bags. Guess what… it’s smaller than the current approved size for most airlines. Seriously people?
- Spotify has raised another $526 million in funding and is not going to take the new Apple streaming music service lying down.
- A new company war is breaking out. This time it’s between corporate giant ADP and innovator Benefits – who’s calls themselves the Uber of benefits.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
It’s prize giveaway week on The Dana Barrett Show! Tune in every day this week to win Braves tickets, gift cards and more. Listen for Dana’s announcement and call 404-995-7300 to win.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.