In the guest chair:
During hour one, Dana was joined by Brandon Smith, The Workplace Therapist. Brandon gave the inside scoop on how to beat workplace stress and to avoid burnout.
During hour two, Expert Contributor, Don Barden joined Dana in studio. Don dished on bad bosses and the importance of working on a team.
◦ Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport plans to officially allow Uber, Lyft and similar services to pick up passengers effective by July 1. A proposal will be introduced to the Atlanta City Council March 30th.
◦ Starbucks Corp. is bringing its upscale concept, Starbucks Reserve to coffee fanatics in Midtown.
◦ An Atlanta businessman is challenging Isakson for Senate. Another “outsider” is stepping up to run for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. Atlanta businessman Jim Barksdale, president and founder of Equity Investment Corp. filed qualifying paperwork Thursday to seek the Democratic nomination to challenge Republican Sen. Johnny Isakson.
• Dos Equis is trading the “Most Interesting Man in the World” for a younger model.
• What is vacation shaming? And who’s doing it?
• Not every sponsor ditching Maria Sharapova – so honest mistake or iffy-ish sort of unethical cheating?
Think your company is the Best & Brightest? Atlanta’s Best & Brightest Competition is now accepting nominations through Friday, March 18th! Nominate your company here: bit.ly/20k4FJk
For other events and appearances: Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/
Take The Dana Barrett Show with you wherever you go with the biz 1190 mobile app, available at the App Store and on Google Play.