In the guest chair:
biz 1190 Program Director and Chief Meteorologist, Aaron Williams joined Dana live in studio along with Lecia Snide, American Cancer Society Community Manager and Lauren Logsdon, Event Lead for Relay For Life.
Aaron has worked in television and radio since 1995. He currently serves as Program Director for Salem Media Group in Atlanta, overseeing biz 1190 AM, AM 920 The Answer and Faith Talk 970 AM. To read Aaron’s article on broadcast career advice as discussed on today’s show, visit: http://bit.ly/1xXFOmM.
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy and service.
As the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, Relay For Life allows communities across the globe to come together and honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much.
In the headlines:
- The CEOs of a handful of major companies in Indiana have joined forces in a stern letter to Governor Mike Pence expressing concern that the state’s controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act would lead to discrimination against employees. The LGBT community says the law will allow businesses and individuals to discriminate against them by citing “religious beliefs.”
- Speaking of discrimination, the legal battle between Reddit’s Interim CEO, Ellen Pao and her former employer VC firm, Kleiner Perkins has ended. Pao lost the case in which she claimed gender discrimination.
- Madonna, Rihanna, Beyonce and Jay Z are among the A-List musicians who are co-owners of Tidal, a streaming service being billed as the first artist-owned platform for music and video. The service has two price points at $10 and $20 a month and says a higher percentage of the take will go to artists.
- And let’s talk food… as McDonald’s fights against dwindling marketshare, they are considering serving breakfast AFTER 10:30AM. It’s about time.
- Atlanta based Piece of Cake is disrupting your dessert with a brand new product. They are launching a new “game changing” cake today. They teamed with Georgia Tech to come up with new technology that removes the calories from butter. The new cake is called Cake Zilch… and it will have zero calories and zero fat. And if you believe that, you may have forgotten that today’s date is April 1st… Happy April Fool’s Day.
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.