Tuesday , 24 October 2017

Home » Books » Meet the Candidates, G20 Fallout, Happines, and How to Change Behavior

Meet the Candidates, G20 Fallout, Happines, and How to Change Behavior

July 10, 2017 8:23 pm by: Category: Books, Show Notes Leave a comment A+ / A-

Show Guests: 

Ceasar Mitchell

Ceasar Mitchell, Atlanta City Council President and Candidate for Mayor, joined us to talk about the role of cities in today’s world.  We also talked about the Paris Climate Accord, the property tax assessments that have been in the news, economic development, living wage, and the areas around Turner Field and Phillips Arena.

Dr. Sean Young, the Author of “Stick With It: A Scientifically Proven Process for Changing Your Life–For Good” joined us on the phone to talk about the science behind behavior change.  He says most of the books we read focus on habit, but that only 40% of what we do is habit.  His process focuses on the other 60%.

Dr. Sean Young

In the local headlines:

In the national headlines:

  • Trump suggested a cybersecurity pact with Russia. Lawmakers say they were ‘dumbfounded.’ (http://wapo.st/2u1duC7 )
  • Minneapolis Raises Minimum Wage to $15 an Hour ( http://on.wsj.com/2u0YPHt )
  • Wage increase will be phased in over five years for large companies and over seven years for small businesses Americans are less happy than they were 10 years ago — and money alone can’t fix it (http://read.bi/2u102hS )
  • Waymo Scales Back Claims Against Uber in Driverless Car Dispute ( http://nyti.ms/2u16MMt )
  • Arrest of Former Audi Executive Highlights VW Investigators’ Strategy ( http://nyti.ms/2u0VDeS )
Meet the Candidates, G20 Fallout, Happines, and How to Change Behavior Reviewed by on . Show Guests:  [caption id="attachment_5903" align="alignright" width="150"] Ceasar Mitchell[/caption] Ceasar Mitchell, Atlanta City Council President and Candid Show Guests:  [caption id="attachment_5903" align="alignright" width="150"] Ceasar Mitchell[/caption] Ceasar Mitchell, Atlanta City Council President and Candid Rating: 0
scroll to top