In the guest chair:
You can meet Eric at the Stonecrest Library tomorrow night 4/15 – at 7PM!
For info on the event: http://www.georgiacenterforthebook.org/Events/show.php?id=682
And here’s a link the publishing industry statistics we talked about on the show: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/financial-reporting/article/61667-book-sales-rose-1-in-2013.html
In the headlines:
- Atlanta says goodbye to a legend. Traffic Reporter Captain Herb Emory passed away this weekend. I worked with Herb when I first started in radio and never met a more gracious, friendly, open and helpful guy. He will be missed.
- Another Atlanta MARTA train station is being showcased as a potential site for new mixed-use development.
- JEZEBEL’s Best of Atlanta 2014 is out – we’ll give you a few of the highlights.
- Falcons owner Arthur Blank weighs in on the Braves move to Cobb County.
- And some of the country’s largest corporations – including several here in Atlanta… won’t be paying taxes on trillions of dollars of profits they earned from their overseas businesses.