In hour one, Skye Estroff from Taste of Atlanta joined us to talk about the Southern Wing Showdown happening Sunday August 20th! For tickets: http://southernwingshowdown. com/.
Christien Louviere, the CEO of SellPersonal joined us in the second hour to talk content marketing. He talked about the benefits of content with greater depth and the power of re purposing that content into a variety of formats which will attract and engage new audiences.
In the local headlines:
- Fulton Tax Commissioner Ferdinand will collect fee despite opposition ( http://bit.ly/2vk0GXW )
- Bed Bath & Beyond cutting nearly 900 jobs ( http://bit.ly/2vkg1YE )
- Beltline CEO: I put affordable housing first, but deserve a ‘C’ for effort ( http://on-ajc.com/2vkap0v )
- Georgia Board of Regents updates sex misconduct investigation policy ( http://bit.ly/2wrMcUf )
- Small business loan platform Kabbage nabs $250M from Softbank ( http://tcrn.ch/2vkc46i )
In the national headlines:
- Kansas City wants a higher minimum wage. Missouri is blocking it. ( http://cnnmon.ie/2vkkwlH )
- The New Copycats: How Facebook Squashes Competition From Startups ( http://on.wsj.com/2vkKlST )
- Get Ready. NAFTA talks are coming soon ( http://cnnmon.ie/2vk3p3C )
- Uber Plans to Wind Down U.S. Car-Leasing Business ( http://on.wsj.com/2vkTsmB )
- Seeso, Comedy Streaming Service, Will Shut Down Later This Year ( http://nyti.ms/2vkJbXk )