In the guest chair:
Sara Tourville, the CEO & Founder of Media Frenzy Global joined us in the studio today to talk about creating a “media frenzy”, the chances of getting something you’ve done to “go viral” and the tech community OTP – in Alpharetta, GA.
Media Frenzy Global is a tech marketing and PR agency that harnesses the media frenzy to create powerful and memorable tech brands.
In the headlines:
- Wondering what will happen to Turner Field after the Braves lead, well there are now some new ideas on the table including a $1B redevelopment plan that goes way beyond what has been talked about so far.
- And while we’re on the subject of Atlanta sports, investment bankers have been hired to sell the Atlanta Hawks or at least part of them, anyway. Wings anyone? A breast perhaps?
- The Perimeter area business leaders are exploring idea of banding together to attract more business instead of competing with each other.
- HBO is finally going to let you watch its show without cable. Hallelujah.
- And Monica Lewinsky is now on Twitter. I’m not giving you a link because I am BEGGING you not to follow her. She did what to deserve your attention? Right. Exactly.
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday
And really, I know I say the same things every year at this time… but while I’m complaining, can we stop with the sexy Halloween costumes? Seriously, if you want to be sexy, be sexy every day. A cheesy, store-bought, so-called sexy nurse/bumblebee/taxi driver costume is not actually sexy, it’s just desperate.