In the guest chair:
3Ci is one of the industries oldest and most respected leaders in IT staffing. With close to 40 years of service, 3Ci remains committed to value and positive impact among their clients, consultants, community and industry.
Orderly is the number one restaurant app for invoicing, inventory, and ordering — paperless, painless and online. Their goal is to help independent restaurants succeed by giving them an app to monitor supplier pricing, track food spending, consolidate invoices, order supplies, and manage inventory.
In the headlines:
- Chick-Fil-A is making national headlines as Denver International Airport delayed the decision to put a Chick-Fil-A in the airport BECAUSE of CEO Dan Cathy’s reputation as an opponent of same-sex marriage.
- Atlanta moves up the list as a possible home for General Electric headquarters. Dallas appears to be out of the running.
- Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Milton and Woodstock are next in line to get AT&T’s gig internet service.
- California lawmakers gave final approval on Monday to legislation that seeks to ensure equal compensation for women in the workplace by prohibiting employers from paying differing wages to employees who do “substantially similar work.” The bill now moves to Governor Jerry Brown’s desk and he has indicated that he will sign it.
- Best tech story ever. Regulation doesn’t solve problems – innovation does. Can’t figure out how to regulate drones and prevent them from going into restricted airspace? No worries, Boeing has developed a laser than can fry the drones in 2 seconds without an explosion or flash of light. Bam. Take that drones.
- Samsung sees your Apple Watch and raises you the ability to make calls from your watch without being tethered to a phone.
- And speaking of companies doing tech battles… Google is blocking Flash from it’s Chrome Browser (Sorry Adobe) and Apple is planning to make it easier to block all ads on iPhones and iPads (Sorry Google).
- Last but not least, NYC taxis are finally getting an Uber like app to bring them to their customers and to allow for payment through the app. ‘Bout time.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.