In the guest chair:
Thrust Interactive builds mobile, web and social apps with game mechanics that hack the human psyche and drive behavior.
SuperNova South is a four day series of workshops, lectures, networking and social events that brings together entrepreneurs, innovators, business leaders, solution providers and executives to discuss leading innovations in technology, explore opportunities in the digital space and highlight how Atlanta and the south are leading the charge in many of these areas.
In the headlines:
- The Johns Creek mayor has pitched a new, 700+ acre development called “The District” that would be a live, work, play type set up. What’s really interesting about this story is the reason for the pitch.
- Georgia lawmakers are moving to legalize fireworks in the state. Another “it’s about time and who really cares?” move.
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is going to be filming in Atlanta. The movie is set to be released in May of 2017. The first one was filmed in the UK.
- Atlanta based marketing automation firm, ClickDimensions is planning an expansion in Atlanta, increasing its workforce by 50% and leasing 10,000 square feet in Dunwoody where it is currently located.
- Hub Magazine has released Georgia’s Who’s Who in Financial Technology list. The list identifies key players from the largest FinTech companies (based on revenues), that are headquartered in Georgia and that are making a difference in the state and the industry at large.
- On the national tech media circuit, Apple Watch is all the buzz. It is set to launch April 24th with prices starting at $350 and going up into the thousands.
For events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.