Justin Smith. the Chief Security Officer at Pivotal joined us in hour one on the show to talk about cybersecurity and the current threat to companies and to society as a whole.
In hour two, Rachel Ford, the Program Manager at Techstars Atlanta joined us to talk about Techstars both globally and locally. We discussed the criteria for companies who want to participate in the program, the mentors and why they participate and some of the partnerships that strengthen the Techstars offering.
In the local headlines:
- Georgia GOP nixes ‘religious liberty’ litmus test for candidates ( http://bit.ly/2v9kY6o )
- Atlanta rushing airport retail revamps? Some seeking contracts have concerns ( http://bit.ly/2vawj6a )
- Georgia’s first Holler & Dash Biscuit House opening this month ( http://bit.ly/2woisYm )
- State lawmaker: Keeping annexed territory out of APS would create ‘hybrid’ Atlantans ( http://on-ajc.com/2wo3pOs )
- Education software firm mLevel has raised a $2 million Series B ( http://bit.ly/2wotP2E )
In the national headlines:
- Google Fires Employee (software engineer James Damore) Who Wrote Memo Criticizing Diversity Initiatives ( http://on.wsj.com/2vfxKQW )
- Netflix Makes Its First Acquisition, Comic-Book Producer Millarworld (Comic-book producer was behind titles such as ‘Kick-Ass,’ ‘Old Man Logan’ and ‘Kingsman’) ( http://on.wsj.com/2ve2xgW )
- This NFL player’s retirement is brought to you by Kingsford charcoal (Vince Wilfork) ( http://cnnmon.ie/2vdZ8il )