In the guest chair:
151 Advisors’ Steve Brumer joined Dana live on the show this morning to talk tech, your product and how to know your buyer.
151 Advisors is a global execution-focused strategy and consulting firm specializing in wireless and technology companies.
In the headlines:
- Microsoft may have finally found a way to elbow in on the mobile phone industry. They are part of a $70 million dollar funding round being discussed with Cyanogen founder, Kurt McMaster. He’s the serial entrepreneur behind Boost Mobile and a string of other startups and he’s made it clear that he’s not only out to disrupt mobile communications in general, but specifically says he wants to hurt Google’s Android operating system.
- Starbucks is upping the romance as we head toward Valentine’s Day. They know about the “coffee date” and have now made a deal with Match.com to help new couples arrange that first date at their closest Starbucks.
- Nest, the smart home thermostat that was acquired by Google, says three new studies show that their fancy-doodle thermostat pays for itself in 2 years (with the savings from your heating and cooling costs).
- Mercedes Benz is set to announce the official site of their new Atlanta headquarters later today with Governor Nathan Deal.
- Downtown Kennesaw is set to get 167 new apartments and a new commercial development. The project is scheduled to begin within the next few months and is estimated to take about 18 months.
Turn your passion into profit and learn the Starbucks standards to producing excellent products and keeping employees satisfied. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz on Monday, February 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
Join Dana and General Assembly at UNDER 30 IN THE C-SUITE: THE NEW FACE OF ATLANTA TECH, Wednesday, February 25. Dana will serve as emcee for a round-table discussion with previous Dana Barrett Show guests Partha Unnava, Jon Birdsong, Roman Grimaldi and Jerry Slutzky. Enter promo code under30vip for complimentary admission.