In the guest chair:
Chairman and CEO of Cloud Sherpas, David Northington, joined us in the studio today to talk all things cloud computing and technology.
Cloud Sherpas is a global cloud advisory and technology services company, with more than 900 people serving Fortune 500 clients and thousands of other businesses around the world. Their experts provide unrivaled cloud strategy, implementation and integration capabilities, having successfully worked with clients across all industries.
David’s focuses are growing the business, client satisfaction and establishing Cloud Sherpas as the market’s leading Cloud Services Brokerage. He was recently named a Top 25 Innovator of 2013 by CRN.
“Cloud Sherpas provides cloud advisory and technology services to companies.”-Dana Barrett
“The innovation happening in business today is taking place in the cloud. What’s possible is really quite amazing.”-David Northington
“The move to the cloud needs to focus on both the technology and the people simultaneously.”-David Northington
“We’re all mobile and social, and we’re looking to deliver that connectivity and productivity to the business world.”-David Northington
In the headlines
- Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy died yesterday at 93 years old.
- Music Midtown organizer Peter Conlon defends the festival’s treatment and use of Piedmont Park and says that is really the only place the festival can be. (Sept. 19th and 20th)
- An Atlanta tech startup, aiming at securing industrial control systems from cyber attacks has gotten funding from Atlanta cyber-security legend Tom Noonan (who had one of the biggest and well known Atlanta exits, selling ISS for $1.5 billion).
- From the really important to the completely ridiculous. Inspired by the app called Yo, two tech entrepreneurs took a break from working on a two year app focused on productivity to create an app called Frack. We’ll tell you what it does and why it is getting so much attention.
- And.. yeah… Today is the big day. Apple announcement 1PM EST. Word is two new iPhones with bigger stronger screens will be announced and finally the Apple watch.