In the guest chair:
During hour two of the show, West Richards, Executive Director of American Transaction Processors Coalition and Michael Pink, CEO of Construx Solutions & Inventor of SmartPM joined Dana in studio. West talked cyber security and Fintech, while Michael dished on construction consulting.
- Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg added his support for Apple in their fight against the FBI’s demands to hack the encryption on an Apple phone used by the shooter in the San Bernardino massacre.
- Join Amazon Prime or else… okay there’s no threat, but if you don’t join you’ll have to buy more to get free shipping. Amazon has hiked the minimum required for free shipping for non-Prime members to $49 from $35 on eligible items — a 40% increase.
- MasterCard wants to ditch the old-fashioned password and use selfies and/or fingerprints to approve online purchases.
- Get ready to throw away your car key. Volvo is experimenting with letting drivers use nothing more than a smartphone app to start their cars.
- The Metro Atlanta Chamber gave a letter to every Georgia senator – stating that it has joined with 300+ Georgia companies and signed the Georgia Prospers pledge standing opposition to HB757. The group’s leader says, “We will become a national poster child for discrimination.” if this bill is passed.
- 373K, a Decatur based telecom provider is threatening to move out of Georgia following last week’s passage in the state Senate of legislation that would make it easier for faith-based organizations to deny taxpayer-funded services to legally married same-sex couples.
- Porsche has inked a deal with AT&T Inc. to bring high speed Internet to three of the 2017 Porsche models in the United States.
- Yesterday, the Technology Association of Georgia revealed its Top 40 Innovative Technology Companies in Georgia for 2016. Dana is proud to say a good number of the top 40 have been on the show. Congrats to all!