In the guest chair:
Susan Walsh, Sales Director for Business Productivity at Microsoft in Atlanta joined us in the studio to talk about the importance of the cloud and mobile applications for enterprise companies. She also shared her thoughts on tech companies in the press and where Microsoft fits into today’s landscape.
Melody McCloskey, CEO and Co-Founder of StyleSeat, the largest online marketplace for booking beauty and wellness services also joined us. We talked about how StyleSeat is like OpenTable for salons and spas. We also discussed the beauty industry moving towards embracing more high-tech strategies and how to bridge that gap to reach more consumers.
In the headlines:
- The Ebola patient who is being treated at Emory has hired an attorney amid accusations from the CDC that she was told NOT to fly after treating Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan in Texas.
- Three Atlanta federal judges have recused themselves from cases against Home Depot regarding the data breach.
- Apparently though, Home Depot is not worried, they’re paying their new CEO even more than the last one. Craig Menear is the new guy and his getting $1.3 million as his base pay.
- Apple Pay officially launched yesterday. Will this change how we pay – or just be another option?
- And just for funsies – if you are a good cook and think you have what it takes to be a star, The Food Network will be holding open auditions in Atlanta on November 9th.
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too!
#savethanksgiving #boyco #boycottblackthursday StopBlackThursday
Wanna know why we do the things we do? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE POWER OF HABIT by Charles Duhigg on Monday November 10th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/