We had a fun show this morning, filled with laughs, local headlines, and of course lots of sarcasm! With Mother’s Day right around the corner, Dana shared a list of carefully selected “techy” gifts for that special lady in your life! Here are a few gifts she recommends:
- UrbanEars.com wireless headphones in 12 colors with washable headband- $99
- Amazon Echo – (dot is $49.99) – full size $149.99
- Rebecca Minkoff – Power Puff Keychain – cute fluffy key chain with power cords built in- $60
- Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer – $400
- Fitbit Flex 2 – This discreet fitness tracker can measure steps, distance, calories burned and sleep. It comes with a rubber strap, but can also be placed in a necklace or metal bangle- $99.95
- Apple Watch Series 2 – Starts at $269
You can hear why Dana loves these gifts for mom by clicking HERE.
In the Local Headlines:
- Brewers, distillers celebrate new Georgia law
- DeKalb sheriff Jeffrey Mann (aka Naked Cop) skips work after arrest for indecency
- Innovative nanotechnology could revolutionize cancer treatment
- Gov. Deal signs spaceport bill
- Former acting Attorney General Sally Yates says she warned the White House in January that then-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn may have been “compromised” by the Russians
In the National Headlines:
- Kushner family apologizes for mentioning White House adviser Jared Kushner
- Trump supporter Robert Mercer sued by employee who says he was fired for speaking out on politics
- Germany has a plan to end all those annoying online registrations and hard to remember passwords!
- Amazon plans to unveil new Echo
- Comcast and Charter are working together on a wireless offering
- Apple Plans $1 Billion Advanced Manufacturing Fund
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .