In the guest chair:
NeuroLaunch is the world’s first accelerator program for early-stage startups related to neuroscience, providing access to seed funding, world-class mentors, a specially tailored curriculum, strategic partnerships, and investors.
Safe Hearts creates affordable, user-friendly healthcare and wellness devices including mobile apps which measure blood pressure. To see Safe Hearts’ Indiegogo page, visit: http://bit.ly/19w9blg.
In the headlines:
- The Braves announced their deal with Comcast on site at the new SunTrust Park this morning at 10AM.
- Atlanta native, Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy have joined forces to create a new, all comedy radio network for Sirius XM.
- FOCUS Brands (who we just talked about Friday on the show – the parent company of Cinnabon, Auntie Anne’s, Moe’s Southwest Grill, McAlister’s Deli, Schlotzsky’s Bakery and Café, and Carvel brands) is moving their headquarters to the Perimeter area.
- The Tesla bill we talked about last week, which had passed through committee, has now passed the Georgia House and moves on to the Senate. The legislation would allow Tesla to have 5 dealerships in Georgia and sell an unlimited number of cars (as compared to the 150/year they are allowed to sell now).
- Is Blackberry making a comeback? They’ve just announced a $2300 “secure” tablet aimed at business and government. It’s a partnership deal that includes Samsung and IBM. Could be interesting.
- Google is preparing for an algorithm change to their search engine that will favor mobile friendly sites. Might be time for an upgrade of your site!
- The sci-fi future is here. A protest at SXSW over artificial intelligence used a quote from Elon Musk who said, “With artificial intelligence we’re summoning the demon.” Kind of amazing to think that we are actually there.
- In addition to SXSW going on, TED 2015 kicks off this week in Vancouver, Canada. Attendance is via application and costs $8,500, but you can stream it live for $50. Or you can just wait for them to release the videos for free on the internet. Some highlights this year include podcasters, lots of robots (hopefully the ethical kind) and Monica Lewinsky. Oy.
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.