In the guest chair:
Mike Russell, President of ETS Solutions and Kim Eaton, CEO of Aptean joined Dana live in studio for a great Tech Tuesday show, covering new tech and cloud services for businesses plus, customer service at B2B companies.
ETS Solutions identifies and solves technology pain points for businesses, implements a solution and follows through with continued service.
Aptean helps businesses profit, innovate and grow where the work is done (in the call center, on the floor of the factory and at the end of the assembly line).
In the headlines:
- Target.com is undercutting competitors on the Free Shipping minimum. It used to be $50… they’ve now lowered their minimum for free shipping to $25 (Amazon and Walmart are at $35).
- Starbucks will finally stop selling CDs and move into modern times. They still plan to stay in the music business with their daily download and have plans to keep music in the mix in other ways.
- The Home Depot data breach court battles will begin between May and August of this year and are now split into 2 categories: consumers and financial institutions. Home Depot is expected to give an update on all of this to shareholders today during the scheduled reporting of fourth quarter and year-end 2014 results.
- Atlanta med-tech company, Intellimedix has received backing from Chris Klaus, co-founder of Internet Security Systems, which IBM acquired for $1.6 billion in 2006. The company has raised $2.3 million to use gene-analysis technology to identify drugs to treat cancer, Alzheimer’s and the Ebola virus.
- Bitcoin has suffered a blow as one of it’s early, big company adopters has stepped away. WordPress starting accepting Bitcoin back in November of 2012, but as of this week is no longer accepting the cryptocurrency as payment.
- The race is on to create a Snapchat-like app for business. You know, so you can talk about people behind their backs and make rude and inappropriate comments and not get caught. Ahem… Sony. Soapbox time for Dana.
Get the inside scoop on Amazon and how founder, Jeff Bezos took the online company from bookseller to a store with limitless selection. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of THE EVERYTHING STORE: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone on Monday, March 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.