In the guest chair:
It was all DIY during the first hour of the show this morning with HGTV host, Chip Wade. Jeff Laue, CEO & Co-Founder of N3 and Darrell Rodgers, President of Emerald Data Networks Inc. (a 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For Award Winner) joined Dana for the second hour to talk tech, digital marketing and achieving your business goals.
Atlanta native Chip Wade has building in his blood. Coming from a long line of experienced carpenters and woodcraftsmen, Chip began working with his father at an early age – and over the years developed an interest in carpentry, landscaping and renovation. Chip transitioned into media in 2007, lending his carpentry skills to the Atlanta team of HGTV’s Designed to Sell. Since then Chip has appeared on HGTV’s Curb Appeal: The Block, HGTV’s Showdown, HGTV’s Design Star, Oprah, and CNN. As the host, designer and contractor on his upcoming series, Elbow Room, Chip is there from concept through construction to show HGTV and DIY viewers how to customize their spaces and transform houses into homes that perfectly suit their lifestyle.
N3 designs and executes large-scale, outsourced sales and marketing campaigns leveraging digital marketing, tele-based sales and custom analytics. A proven leader in the technology industry, N3 delivers results for domestic and global campaigns with their proprietary methodologies and performance-based approach.
Emerald Data Networks (EDN) is a vendor-agnostic technology consultancy that shows companies how to use technology efficiently to achieve their business goals. EDN is a trusted provider of full service, enterprise-wide technology solutions to businesses throughout the southeastern United States that depend on technology to achieve business objectives. Emerald provides these organizations with voice and data solutions, technology roadmaps, project planning and management, and advisory services.
In the headlines:
- Cobb County officials are expected to vote today on whether to buy six buses for a shuttle service that would serve the Cumberland area, including the new Atlanta Braves’ SunTrust Park. The price tag for the buses is $3.3 million. Critics say the shuttle service is being built specifically to serve the Braves’ stadium and development. Cobb County Chairman, Tim Lee dismisses the claim saying the service will run year-round, according to the Marietta Daily Journal.
- Georgia film and television workers make less than other film markets – according to American City Business Journals’ analysis of raw data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics… by a whole lot. (Like almost half as much for some positions).
- College Football Hall of Fame CEO, John Stephenson Jr. is leaving in November for a newly created position at Chick-fil-A. John has been involved with the College Football Hall of Fame since its inception, first serving as its legal counsel and then as its president and CEO. At Chick-fil-A, John will be Director of Strategic Partnerships & Special Projects. He was on the show a month or so ago… so Congrats John! And best of luck.
- Atlanta based Intercontinental Exchange will buy Bedford, Mass.-based financial data company Interactive Data Corp. in a deal worth $5.2 billion. Intercontinental Exchange says the acquisition will help it build on its global market data growth strategy by expanding the markets served, adding technology platforms and increasing new data and valuation services.
- Chase Commerce Solutions – a division of JP Morgan Chase – will process all non-mobile payments for Starbucks, replacing the credit card processing service Square, who recently ended their unprofitable relationship with Starbucks as they move closer to their IPO.
- A new survey by SherpaShares finds that Uber and Lyft drivers usually don’t stick around for long…
Join us Monday, November 9th for the next meeting of The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! This month’s selection is THE BIG SHORT by Michael Lewis. Read the book with us before the movie is released in December! We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.