In the guest chair:
We had a great time (and a full house!) on the show this morning as Virgent Realty‘s Jude Rasmus & Ben Kubic, Georgia Technology Authority‘s Nikhil Deshpande, SalesLoft‘s Kevin O’Malley and Creative Technology Partners‘ Mike Champion joined Dana in studio.
Virgent Realty makes home selling simple. Their full service agency saves you thousands in commissions and gives transparency to the selling process using their proprietary technology. Their automated systems get your property listed as quickly as you are ready to move and give you access to all your data in one simple dashboard, while their agents bring their experience and knowledge of your neighborhood to valuing your home and negotiating offers. Best of all, their service is available commission-free; they charge a simple flat fee once your home sells, no matter what price it sells for.
The Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) serves as the technology arm of the state, managing the delivery of IT infrastructure services to Georgia state agencies. The GeorgiaGov Interactive team, part of GTA, built, designed, and maintains the state of Georgia’s official website, Georgia.gov. The team also maintains a website platform for state agencies, providing design templates, web developer training, and web hosting to about 75 state agency websites.
SalesLoft is an all in one sales development platform. Workflow for sales emails, automated dialer, list building, analytics, & accountability.
Creative Technology Partners provides organizations with the Total Solution for all of their IT business needs. Whether it is managed, onsite or carrier services, Creative Technology Partners has uniquely positioned itself in the market to provide the best solutions with outstanding customer service and three core differentiators in today’s marketplace: speed, flexibility and customization.
In the headlines:
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp has confirmed that a Hunger Games theme park will be coming to metro Atlanta. The theme park will be in Bartow County and will be the first of its kind in the United States.
- And speaking of entertainment brands, the plan for a hotel next to the new Mercedes Benz Falcons Stadium (The Benz) has now been decided… the new hotel will be a Hard Rock Hotel. It will include 220 guest rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, rooftop bar and more than 10,000 square feet of meeting space and is scheduled to open in the spring of 2018. You can assume they’ll have live entertainment and music memorabilia lining the walls.
- And speaking of The Benz…the Atlanta Falcons Stadium Co. has hired the SCAD (the Savannah College of Art and Design) to install art in the new, $1.5 billion Falcons Stadium. Look for projects both inside and outside the stadium that depict “who we are and what our great city and state stand for,” says Arthur Blank.
- On a sad note – Callaway Gardens is in fail mode. They have closed the 7.5-acre garden called Mr. Cason’s Vegetable Garden that started in 1960 and was featured on the PBS television show “The Victory Garden”. They are also preparing to close John A. Sibley Horticultural Center’s on Nov. 12th. But they’re not throwing in the towel… they are going to try to re-start by moving the gardens to a new location, but no word yet on where that might be.
- Amazon has already debuted its online Black Friday Deals. Seriously? They are doing that whole flash sale for Prime members only thing hoping to attract more people to join Prime. Did they learn nothing from the lame Prime Day they tried this summer?
- Pandora is getting into the podcast game — they’ll be airing season 2 of the popular “Serial” podcast.
- And speaking of internet blunders… the Jeb Bush campaign made a major social media blunder with their choice of hashtags. They went with #JebCanFixIt – and the twitterverse went wild. But not in a good way.
Join us Monday, November 9th for the next meeting of The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! This month’s selection is THE BIG SHORT by Michael Lewis. Read the book with us before the movie is released in December! We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.