In the guest chair:
Guy Harris, President of North Americas for Elavon joined Dana to discuss their payment process solutions and partnership with Junior Achievement of Georgia. Also in studio, Molly Fletcher, CEO and Founder of The Molly Fletcher Company to give tips on how to better communicate and negotiate in the workplace.
Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Puerto Rico. As the #1 provider for airlines and a top five provider for hospitality, healthcare, retail, and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized.
The Molly Fletcher Company believes relationships drive business success. They provide a full range of services and products to support their clients and put the relationship piece at the center of business. The Company helps people connect with the teams they lead, the teams they work in and the clients they serve. And they make the process engaging by using the language of sport as a vehicle for connection.
In the headlines:
- It’s final call for applications and nominations for the 2015 Excalibur Awards. Applications will be accepted until September 11, 2015, after which, Semi-Finalists will be selected by the Excalibur Judging Committee. Companies selected as semi-finalists will then be required to meet with the judges for interviewing process. Go to tagonline.com for details.
- Northside Hospital and Gwinnett Medical are set to merge, targeting early 2016 as a potential closing date. The combined health system would have nearly 1,400 beds, 16,000 employees and 3,500 physicians on staff.
- Is Gwinnett going to be the new Midtown? We mentioned Level 3 bucking the in-town trend and moving to Gwinnett… Well, also this week, Canadian real estate company, The Walton Group of Cos. is betting on Gwinnett as well. Gwinnett officials have approved a 1.1 million square foot office campus developed by Walton on 316 between Atlanta and Athens. Those involved would love to have a big corporate headquarters relocate there – so they are out there selling. We shall see…
- Ludacris is partnering with Atlanta startup Roadie to help promote the company at events, promotions and via his massive social network.
- Stay off the roads tonight. 4 events happening in town and traffic will be a mess! Falcons and GT have games. Joe Biden is speaking in Buckhead and DragonCon begins. Yikes!
- An update on Smith’s Olde Bar: Short term reprieve. Lease extended through the end of the year.
- And Burger King is not giving up on their idea of teaming up with other burger makers for a good cause. They’re still hoping McDonalds will come around, but are now looking to do their Pop-Up Shop with a Peace Burger which will have an ingredient from other burger makers like Krystal, Denny’s, Wayback Burgers and Giraffas. They put the official call for partners out in an open letter on Tumblr. This all to support Peace Day which is on September 21st.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.