In the Guest Chair:
Can you read from a teleprompter and be authentic? According to Presentation Coach and Teleprompter Consultant, Lauri Plesco, the answer is yes! Lauri, Owner of Lauri Plesco & Associates, dished on reading authentically and the importance of video content.
Lights, Camera…Food! That’s right, the Hanna Brothers, Joe & Jim, of Hanna Brothers Studio Cafe and Hanna Brother Film and Event Catering were in to talk film and event catering. Joe and Jim discussed the best part of working on set and how they got into the business. Not only do the Hanna Brothers specialize in on-set catering, but they supply healthy snack options to large corporations, cater small & large events, and offer Grab and Go boxes!
Two words: Wabi Sabi. That’s the name of Atlanta Ballet’s summer dance initiative. Founder and company dancer, John Welker, joined us in studio to dish on the summertime troupe and their unique approach. John explained that he strives to take the excellence of the ballet out of the theatre and into the city, hoping to reach new audiences. Wabi Sabi’s next performance is on Sunday, August 21st at 5pm.
In the Local Headlines:
- Georgia, metro Atlanta benefiting from California’s tax, regulatory policies
- Atlanta barber who cut Michael Phelps’ hair strikes gold too
- College Park mayor blocks arts festival over hurt feelings
- Two late night cookie delivery options are duking it out in Midtown
- Google Fiber’s Ponce City Market space Now Open
In the National Headlines:
- The Whopperito: Burger King’s newest food fusion
- Google’s High-Speed Web Plans Hit Snags – According to new report in the WSJ…
- Rupert Murdoch Names New Leadership at FOX News
- 5 States Voting on Recreational Marijuana This November
- Forget the county fair: Walmart is now selling deep-fried Twinkies.
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .