In the guest chair:
Plus, Adam Gajdharsingh joined the show for our weekly Work Hard/Play Hard segment, highlighting events in Atlanta.
Investor Network is a Real Estate Investment Firm that specializes in making real estate easy for national and international investors.
Groundfloor takes private lending public, building the broadest capital marketplace to finance commercial loans backed by residential real estate. Their unique peer-to-peer real estate loan participation offering model allows everyone to earn short-term yields of 6-20% helping to fund the loans they choose, starting at a $10 minimum investment.
In the headlines:
- Former Subway Pitchman, Jared Fogle has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors to plead guilty to charges of distributing child pornography and illicit sexual conduct with a minor.
- The CEOs of Sprint and T-Mobile are acting like children on Twitter arguing with each other over who is bigger and better.
- The GE relocation story continues with more gossip today. Bloomberg published a report indicating that GE “may” meet with the developer, Tishman Speyer Properties in the coming weeks and they could possibly discuss space at Three Alliance Center, a 30-story building going up in Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood.
- The US Chamber of Commerce and a technology industry advocacy group called FWD.us (co-founded by Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg) have come out against Donald Trump’s plans to limit the H1B Visa program.
- A group of authors, including some big name NYT bestsellers says Amazon.com has “unprecedented power” over the book publishing market and wants the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate a possible monopoly.
- And Sprout Pharmaceuticals, the company that just had their women’s libido drug approved by the FDA this week is already being bought. A company called Valiant is buying Sprout for $1 Billion.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.