In the guest chair:
Dr. Gez Agolli, Founder of Progressive Medical Center and regular show contributor joined Dana to discuss the recent signing of the Georgia Medical Marijuana bill and effects of acetaminophen on our bodies.
With locations in Georgia and Texas, Progressive Medical Centers combine both conventional and holistic forms of medicine to treat the root cause of their patients’ health issues, ranging from autism to headaches.
In the headlines:
- Governor Deal has signed the Georgia Medical Marijuana bill into law. So it’s official… let the dope smoking begin. KIDDING. It’s a really great thing for people suffering who literally had to leave the state to get treatments they needed.
- Kaiser Permanente is putting a huge IT campus in Midtown Atlanta and will be creating 900 jobs here in the medical technology field. The Invest Atlanta board unanimously approved $300,000 in incentives for the project at its meeting Thursday.
- Acuity Brands has acquired a company called, ByteLight that has some really cool (albeit a bit big-brother-creepy) technology that comes disguised as a light fixture.
- The Georgia Lottery Corp.’s third-quarter transfers to the Georgia Treasury’s Lottery for Education Account jumped 7 percent to $261.9 million.The transfer was the largest third-quarter transfer in the history of the Georgia Lottery.
- Would YOU ride your bike the new Braves stadium? The Atlanta Business Chronicle did a survey asking just that and as of last night, 79% of respondents said NO. 21% yes. To the 21% of you who said yes, Dana asks… “Who are you? And what planet are you from?” Maybe they are all people who have had their licenses revoked.
- Last but not least, if YOU want to become a TV host, there is a great bootcamp being held here in town this weekend, April 25th and 26th. Marki Costello, host of The Drama Queen on E!, granddaughter of Lou Costello and Hollywood Agent will host the training. There are still a couple of spots left: becomeahost.com.
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
Help us #NameThePenguin! Send in your suggestions via Twitter @DanaHBarrett and @biz1190. We’ll announce the winning name on April 25 for World Penguin Day. Want to know the story? Listen here: http://bit.ly/1C2EAlc.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.