In the guest chair:
George McKerrow, CEO at Ted’s Montana Grill and Veronica Maldonado-Torres, Program Director with Georgia Education Foundation’s Georgia Mentor Protégé Connection joined Dana live on the show to chat going green and longevity in the restaurant biz plus, ways to connect emerging firms with established companies.
Ted’s Montana Grill is a full-service, classic dining restaurant, known for its delicious bison dishes and sustainability. The first Ted’s opened in 2002, after business leader and philanthropist, Ted Turner joined forces with famed restaurateur, George McKerrow.
The Georgia Mentor Protégé Connection (MPC) is a business development program administered by the Georgia Education Foundation (GEF) in partnership with the Department of Economic Development and the Georgia Institute of Technology. The MPC enables Georgia small businesses to benefit from a partnership with a corporate mentor for a period of one year.
In the headlines:
- MARTA has chosen the route for a proposed North Line extension (planned from North Springs heading towards Windward Parkway). Not yet sure where funding will come from.
- And MARTA continues plans to use land surrounding the stations for mixed use development. Plans for Brookhaven and Chamblee stations are already in the works. Now, plans for Arts Center and Oakland City are being added to the mix.
- Volvo is still looking for a site to invest $500 million for its first U.S. plant… and as of last week, they were down to a site in South Carolina and a site in a second unnamed southern state.
- The Apple Watch was officially released on Friday, though lots of people (even those who pre-ordered) won’t get theirs for awhile… depending on the model you chose and back-orders. Reviews are pouring in… for and against. The iPhone app store is up and running too. We shall see what it all means.
- Do you have an idea and want to understand best practices for bringing it to market? Are you working a job but want to pivot and start a business? Do you have an existing service based business and want to productize to scale? Are you finishing college and want to pursue a career as an entrepreneur? Then you might be interested in an upcoming 1 day accelerator program hosted by Opportunity Hub and led by friend of the show, KP Reddy. DATE: Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.