In the guest chair:
Attorney with Polsinelli and regular contributor, Stan Hill joined Dana live in studio to discuss the sharing economy. Stan focuses on employment law and tracks developments across all areas of labor and employment on emerging topics affecting union and non-union employers.
Polsinelli is a national law firm located in 19 cities which opened an Atlanta office in 2014. The firm will celebrate its one-year anniversary in Atlanta this January. The firm focuses on health care, financial services and real estate, life sciences and technology and litigation.
Plus, Adam Gajdharsingh joined the show for our weekly Work Hard/Play Hard segment, highlighting events in Atlanta.
In the headlines:
- The US DOT will allow Delta to keep the Seattle-Tokyo route… but they can’t just sit on it, they have to provide daily service in the Seattle market year-round.
- And the city of Dallas has filed a lawsuit to try to resolve the fight between Delta and Southwest for gates at Dallas Love Field.
- Atlanta has a new Fire Chief. Joel Baker has been officially appointed by Mayor Reed. He’s been the interim Chief since Kelvin Cochran was dismissed over publishing a book saying homosexuality and having multiple sexual partners is “vile,” “vulgar”, and “inappropriate.”
- Atlanta startup Qcept, who raised $50 million dollars from some of Atlanta’s well known investors, has shut down.
- NCR has filed a patent from some pretty cool restaurant technology that let’s you pay your bill by taking a picture of your credit card next to the bill.
- An interesting case in the so-called independent service economy. An ex-Uber employee filed a complaint with the California Labor Commission, who ruled that the way the company handled the relationship with them was NOT as an independent contract but as an employee and they did in fact owe her the money she was requesting.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.