In the Guest Chair:
Our good friend, Brian Miller, Regional President of Sprint South joined us during hour one! Brian discussed the importance of being able to work from anywhere. He explained that “work isn’t a place you go, work is something you do.” With the use of Dialpad, a business grade voice system designed to help users stay connected and productive wherever they go, users receive a business phone number that they can access on all devices. Have plans this Saturday? Sprint Says Thanks is happening this weekend, 12/17! Come out to the Camp Creek store to meet Bryan & Santa AND receive special holiday offers!
During hour two, our favorite tech staffing company, 3Ci was in the house! President, Rob MacLane was joined by Director of Tech Talent, PJ Zonsius. The duo discussed “Tech Heroes” and how 3Ci is training and helping to employ veterans! 10% of profits will be donated back to veteran initiatives! What’s better than that?!
In the Local Headlines:
- Atlanta’s Springbot raises $10 million in a Series B investment round, will add 70 jobs
- Redistricting reform legislation hits General Assembly
- Third & Urban, Trillium plan BeltLine project that includes brewery and brasserie
- Delta projects $4.4 billion profit in 2016
- Millions of passengers expected at Hartsfield-Jackson over holiday period
In the National Headlines:
- Southwest Airlines admits it has inferior onboard Wi-Fi, makes plans to fix it
- Feds announce $100 million settlement with DeVry over misleading ads
- Facebook Inches Closer to Fact-Checking Its News
- States Sue Generic-Drug Companies Over Price-Fixing Allegations
For Other Events and Appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .