In the guest chair:
VeinInnovations‘ President and CEO, David Martin and Executive Business Coordinator, Carey Sipp joined Dana live in studio to discuss the journey from nurse to CEO and expanding a local business.
VeinInnovations was founded by Martin in 2002. He was among the first in the Southeast offering varicose vein sufferers a way to be diagnosed and treated quickly via minimally-invasive, in-office procedures. VEININNOVATIONS was the first facility of its kind in Atlanta to offer every available technique for the treatment of venous insufficiency and varicose/spider veins. A 13 years later, VeinInnovations is widely regarded as the leader in office-based treatment of venous disease.
Join VeinInnovations for their Midtown Open House on Wednesday, July 15th from 4-6pm for complimentary vein screenings, food, drinks, and fun! Located at 1355 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 1550 Atlanta, GA 30309. RSVP: email@example.com
In the headlines:
- How would you feel about a casino in Atlanta? One Georgia state representative would like to see it happen. Rep. Ron Stephens, R-Savannah, has introduced a constitutional amendment during this year’s legislative session asking Georgia voters to authorize a limited number of casino resorts across Georgia… and IF it were to pass, MGM might be interested in actually making it happen right here in Atlanta.
- The sale of and project to redevelop Underground Atlanta hasn’t even closed yet and already the estimated cost has gone up. When the deal was announced last December, the buyer WRS said they expected the total investment would be “somewhere between $150 million and $200 million at full build-out.” Now the number is looking more like $350 million to $400 million. They expect to start construction by early 2017.
- If you’re missing the long time Midtown Italian restuarant Veni Vidi Vici, which closed it’s doors permanently at the end of May, fear not. The culinary team behind Veni Vidi Vici is planning a new Italian concept in Sandy Springs for this fall Chef Jamie Adams and General Manager Leonardo Moura plan to open “Il Giallo Osteria & Bar” in the shopping center at 5920 Roswell Road.
- A fake Delta Airlines Facebook page offering prizes of $5,000 in cash and 5 free first class tickets went viral and duped thousands. Before it was taken down, the page had been shared over 64,000 times and had 26,000 comments and nearly 37,000 likes.
- And Masters champ Bubba Watson has plans to paint an American flag over the Confederate flag on top of the Dukes of Hazard car the General Lee which he bought at auction for $110,000 in 2012. Also, of note the TV Show Dukes of Hazard was taken off the air last week as controversy over the Confederate flag continues. All of this is in response to the tragic shooting of 9 people in South Carolina where the shooter, Dylan Roof had photographed himself with the Confederate flag.
Join us on July 13th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our July selection is The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. If you’ve been meaning to read this, now’s your chance! Or, if you’ve read it before, time to refresh! We will meet at South City Kitchen Vinings. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.