In the guest chair:
Kasey Gartner, Financial Advisor and Samantha Holowka, Financial Representative with Northwestern Mutual joined Dana live in the biz 1190 studio to talk financial security and how to plan for the future at any age.
Dr. Amy Baxter, Shark Tank vet and inventor of Buzzy also joined the show to discuss the invention process and life as an entrepreneur.
The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company is a U.S. financial services mutual organization based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its products include life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and employee benefit services. Northwestern Mutual also provides consultation on asset and income protection, personal needs, investments, financial planning, estate planning, trusts, business needs, retirement, and employee benefits.
Buzzy is an award-winning physiologic pain blocker. Using cold and vibration, Buzzy is proven to naturally block unpleasant sensations on contact.
In the headlines:
- Chick-fil-A CEO, Dan Cathy is planning an Atlanta wellness resort to be aimed at getting employees healthier and keeping healthcare costs down.
- Atlanta’s Major League Soccer team is searching for a training facility somewhere in the greater Metro area. Several areas are being considered. No decision yet.
- More alcohol sales & distribution regulations are getting in the way of competition in Georgia. This time, it’s the craft distilleries that are having issues. Craft liquors are getting more and more popular and neighboring states such as South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee are growing at a much faster rate than Georgia due to their distillery-friendly environment. So, efforts are now underway (in the form of legislation) to ease alcohol laws in GA.
- L.L. Bean is planning a major brick and mortar expansion over the next 5 years (planning to add 100 new stores). The company started in 1912 and has been slow and steady in their growth plans. This year’s harsh winter and the rise of “normcore” style has added to their popularity.
- Actress, Melissa McCarthy is giving the fashion biz a go. She’s launching a new women’s collection in August in partnership with Seven7 jeans. Her line will be for women of all sizes, and she’s not just lending her name to this project. She actually went to New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology with plans to become a designer, but got sidetracked by her standup success!
Can we really get more done with less? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club as we discuss ZILCH: THE POWER OF ZERO IN BUSINESS by Nancy Lublin on Monday, April 20th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.