In the guest chair:
Regular contributor and chief strategist at Laddering Works, Eric Holtzclaw, joined us in the studio today to talk about the different types of leadership and how to expand your company.
Click here for a link to a column written by Eric on The Secret to Explosive Growth.
Laddering Works, creates opportunity by strategically applying emerging technologies, trends and approaches to successfully scale and streamline business.
Eric specializes in working with companies that need to move from entrepreneurial run to professionally managed — a transition that is difficult for most companies to successfully achieve.
“I can often tell what kind of leader I’m working with based on when I get responses from them”-Eric Holtzclaw
“Ultimately with leadership we’re looking for that balance between being internally-focused and externally-focused.”-Dana Barrett
“You need to know who you are at the core of your company.”-Eric Holtzclaw
“It’s a little scary to look in the mirror and accept that you’re not perfect.”-Dana Barrett
“Just because you like one aspect of a particular business doesn’t mean that you will like all of them.”-Dana Barrett
“Knowing your blind spots is as important as knowing your strengths.”-Eric Holtzclaw
In the headlines:
- Wanna know how to create an app that will get noticed in the iTunes store? Be Tom Hanks. Just sayin’
- Atlanta-based Home Depot will have a new CEO starting November 1st.
- Georgia electric companies are gearing up to fight the EPA’s new plan to cut emissions from power plants.
- Northside Hospital is moving forward with a plan to open a Cobb County campus, adding 400 jobs and making a competitive run at Marietta based Wellstar.
- Georgia is looking at making self-driving cars street legal in the state.
- Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club. Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: ESSENTIALISM: THE DISCIPLINED PURSUIT OF LESS by Greg McKeown – and the meeting is Monday September 8th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!